Wednesday 20 May 2009

You gotta love 'em!


I've said it again and again, and I'll say it once more...

I F***ING LOVE WIND FARMS.

I'd live to live right next to one, but as I live deep in the city, it's not going to happpen anytime soon. But, the more that are built, the better my chances of ending up living within sight of one. And on that note, I would like to express my delight at this news story about the biggest onshore windfarm in Britain being officially 'switched on'.

Just some of the important figures...

Green energy
140 turbines
Powering 180,000 homes
Jobs in Scotland created

This is all that mattters. I don't need to list more facts, because these are the ones that count.

So well done to ScottishPower Renewables. And with plans to expand and also create one 5times as big offshore, I applaud thee! You wonderful things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love wind farms too. I find the turbines to be majestic.

Indy said...

I agree. They are works of beauty as far as I am concerned. Perhaps we turbine-lovers should speak up a bit more.

Peter said...

Good news, but we've got a way to go!

Have a read of this:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/20/a_couple_more_wind_farms/