Tuesday 26 May 2009

IN YOUR FACE, GORDON BROWN!!!

Well, despite Labour's attempts to limit my chances, I got a job.

Still, not a permanent one, but a solid six-month contract on good enough money with a view to it becoming permanent. After three months of genuine stress and worry, I got a job.

But, as I predicted, this is no thanks to Gordon Brown, Alistair Darling and Labour's policy shop. Their measures to tackle the increase in unemployment since this recession bit our asses off seemed specifically designed to push people like me into the dirt and either abandon us, or tell us "tough shit sunshine, your only options now are starting at the bottom with a minimum wage".

Well Gordon, I triumphed in the face of adversity and ever decreasing odds of success.

I can't say I hope for or expect the same for you in the near future. Go f*** yourself!

2 comments:

subrosa said...

That's wonderful news PD, I'm delighted for you. It will all work out fine, you have such a positive attitude. Contracts like yours are many due to the current economic climate so nothing to worry about.

Political Dissuasion said...

Cheers Subrosa,
It really is a shitty world out there if you're unemployed and I don't envy anyone in the situation.

And despite a total of six months unemployed over the last year, I can still lay claim to having never claimed the dole! Hell yeah!

I'm off to buy a shiny new tie!